Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Making orange-glazed scones


When Inside a Black Apple wrote about these scones, I couldn't resist. Nor should you, unless you are allergic to and/or avoiding wheat products. I should have planned a tea party after I made them on Saturday, but I wasn't feeling well, so Michael and I had to eat them all by ourselves; good thing the recipe only makes eight scones.


I'm sure this is true of all baked goods, but these babies tasted much better the day they were made (another reason to have tea parties, I guess). They were perfectly light and flaky. As you can see, I opted for the orange glaze, and it was GOOD.


Also: That place mat does match the chair in the background. Good eye. I only pull the set out for special occaisions, like the days when I make scones.

1 comment:

sarah said...

yum, orange glaze!

somewhere i have a family recipe for sticky orange breakfast rolls that are off the charts. we need to have a FEW tea parties.