Friday, June 12, 2009

More autographs

Sarah and Lydia gave me permission to post photos of their David Sedaris autographs too. This experience makes me want to buy one of those autograph books to keep on hand for the next time I meet a notable person. Remember those books? I used to bring them to camp, and I think I still have a couple kicking around. I like the idea of collecting signatures.


If you're wondering why I have all of these photos of David's handwriting and none of the man himself, it's because he requested that no one take pictures. Some people didn't listen, but we did (our seats were too good to get away with anything).

2 comments:

brie said...

I totally had an autograph book when I was a kid...but I don't think I actually got anyone's autograph. I think I just had dreams of getting people's autographs.

Erin Riley said...

I think I'm going to track one down, because it will give me something to talk about with the celebrities I happen across, hopefully ending my string of uncomfortable encounters. Once I gather a few autographs, I think it will be especially interesting for the signee to see the company they share...