Saturday, March 07, 2009

Guest post: Making (quilts for) babies


Got to shake up the blog post titles a little right? I'm sure that babies are things worth making too, but let's just stick to quilts for now, OK Mom?

My friend's sister (also my friend!) is having a baby this summer. It's very exciting. Recently I got to feel her belly, which, in combination with the ramping up of NCAA college basketball for March Madness this year, has really kicked me into high gear, quilt-wise! Just like last year! I'm like Pavlov's Quilting Dog, if you will.

I'm especially happy with the binding on this one. I wasn't totally sure that it was going to come together until I started sewing the binding on this afternoon. As Marc said when he saw it, it really ties the room together.

4 comments:

Zoe said...

I'm considering getting knocked up again, just to score another adorable quilt. This one looks lovely Jen.

Jen said...

Thanks Zoe! Know that I appreciate your commitment to getting another quilt, but really, it wouldn't take creating another human. Though that WOULD basically lock it down!

Erin said...

I love those fabrics, Jen. And that pink thread. And the photo.

Jen said...

Thanks Erin!