Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring bun

The UVic buns don't hold still for very long, so this picture is a prize. This little guy reminds me of my favourite passage from Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami:
* * * * *
"I really like you, Midori. A lot."
"How much is a lot?"
"Like a spring bear," I said.
"A spring bear?" Midori looked up again. "What's that all about? A spring bear."
"You're walking through a field all by yourself one day in spring, and this sweet little bear cub with velvet fur and shiny little eyes comes walking along. And he says to you, 'Hi, there, little lady. Want to tumble with me?' So you and the bear cub spend the whole day in each other's arms, tumbling down this clover-covered hill. Nice, huh?"
"Yeah. Really nice."
"That's how much I like you."
* * * * *
That's how much I like you, even if I didn't get a chance to give you any of the cupcakes I made for Things Worth Making on Saturday.

2 comments:

robyn. said...

this post made me feel all warm and squishy inside. thanks. i like you too.

Unknown said...

this post made me feel fragile.