Monday, January 12, 2009

Shush

Friends, I love awards shows. I can't explain why, I just do. Maybe I like watching people get nervous and make speeches. Whatever the case, yesterday's Golden Globes were particularly good because there are a lot of quality shows out there right now. I was particularly happy that Slumdog Millionaire and 30 Rock did so well; the only disappointing bit was that Milk wasn't nominated for more awards.

Here is a favorite moment featuring Ricky Gervais. Might I add that the movie that he refers to, Ghost Town, is totally worth watching. It won't blow your mind or anything, but it is a perfect little story that will entertain you the way a movie should.

7 comments:

brie said...

I LOVED Ricky Gervais. I wish he were the host of the Oscars this year instead of Hugh Jackman (still can't figure that one out). I also thought Sascha Baron Cohen was really funny and was kind of surprised by how shocked everyone was by his Madonna joke.

I thought "Milk" would have more noms, too. Hopefully for the Oscars we'll see a "Milk" and "The Wrestler" sweep. That would be my dream. Oh, and Kate Winslet 'cos I love her.

robyn. said...

giggle!

i need to go look up the madonna joke on youtube now....

brie said...

Oh, Erin! I realised that you would probably be interested to know that "The Wrestler" was written by an ex-Onion staff member. That's pretty cool, I think.

Erin Riley said...

Thanks for the Onion trivia, Brie. Oh, and I love Kate Winslet too.

Lydia said...

You're like the third person to recommend this bit, and I'll watch it as soon as I'm somewhere with fast internet. I watched most of the show, but missed this part. The Madonna joke was quite good, and I liked Tracy Morgan's speech too (Deal with it, Cate Blanchett!)

I saw Ghost Town on the plane, it was a nice surprise! Watched Eagle Eye on the same flight, and it too was surprisingly enjoyable.

Anonymous said...

Whoa you didn't say anythign about the cupcakes?! I'm offended.

Erin Riley said...

We ate cupcakes while watching the GG. It was a real party with Michael, Ananda and Amr. You know I loved them buddy!