Thursday, August 12, 2010

Blueberry Beer

Yesterday I heard about Blueberry Pail Ale (a limited edition of Phillips beer) on Facebook, and I decided to stop in at the brewery on my way home. I wish you were here to enjoy it with me, because it's only available in Victoria. It's also a truly local product: "Every ingredient used to craft this refreshing beer has travelled 24 miles or less from farm to brew kettle."

It was my first visit to the brewery, and I'm glad I made the effort to stop in. I got to see Bill, a friend who works for Phillips, and I bought my first Growler. I love this brown jug and the fact that I can refill it with local beer. Blueberry beer, even.

The beer is delicious, by the way. And purple.

4 comments:

sarah h said...

Yum! I love that all the ingredients are local. Too bad I can't drink beer, but at least I can still eat blueberries!

jade said...

This looks perfect. Next to my loved ones in Victoria, I miss Phillips. And by next to, I mean I miss Phillips just as much as I miss my loved ones.

I love how local and purple it is. I hope it will still be around when I am back on the island for a visit.

Erin Riley said...

Jade! I hope you get to try it too, but you better come quickly.

robyn. said...

yeeep! 5th of september...your garden...this beer...please!

i'll bring a waggle dance

http://www.wellsandyoungs.co.uk/home/our-beers/ales/wells-waggle-dance