Monday, October 09, 2006

In the navy

While my parents were in town for Thanksgiving weekend, my dad and I biked on down to Navy Days at Ogden Point. We went to see the F18 fighter jets that were scheduled to fly past at 5 (my dad's a pilot in his spare time), but the planes were late, so we checked out a mine sweeper ship while we waited (I'm not sure it's a good sign when the army isn't punctual). As you can see, my dad was not impressed with what we saw (click on the photo for a close-up of the aptly chosen facial expression). More accurately, he was interested in the equipment (unlike myself), but he wasn't happy about the blatant recruitment that came along with it. Both of us left convinced that we did not want to join up - and we don't want you to join up either. Most of all, we hope that this dog (who my dad named Tank), should go AWOL as soon as possible:

He's tired because he was mauled for hours by babies with army paint on their faces. I'd be tired too.

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Erin, you look so HOT! That dog is muy adorable too.

Anonymous said...

Why no face paint, Erin?

brie said...

I would gladly hide that dog from the army police should he follow your advice to go AWOL. Oh Tank!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gawd! That is such a great photo! I'm surprised your Dad didn't break Tank out of there. You look so super! And your Dad is sporting a classic "Mr. Riley" pose. Erin