Monday, October 30, 2006

Boo

Happy Halloween! Robyn, Alex (Robyn's honey who is visiting from London) and I carved pumpkins on Saturday night while Michael roasted pumpkin seeds. Sure, it wasn't Halloween, but everyone else was celebrating this weekend, so we did too. We also went to the corn maze after dark and a haunted house that was cleverly named Carnevil. The only thing scary about the corn maze was the wind rustling through tall stalks, but the haunted house didn't disappoint. However, I'm still confused about why people pay other people to jump out at them with scary costumes on. Why do we like it? Is the adrenaline rush that good? I have no plans for the real Halloween day, mostly because I have a big essay to finish and I don't really like dressing up (unless I have a really smart costume planned in advance). So there you have it. I hope you all eat some good candy, because that's really what it's all about.

5 comments:

Alex said...

This is Alex and I prefer the term 'trophy boyfriend' than honey. Yes the maze was creepy but did we ever get to the middle...............

Anonymous said...

Wow...is that a frog cut-out on that pumpkin? Very impressive. Good thing I'm not competitive, or I'd feel ashamed at not even looking twice at a pumpkin, never mind buying one to carve up. At least I'm doing well at scarfing down candy. I bought Murray a bunch of chocolates when he was here on the weekend and he forgot them on the table...so guess who's eating them? And guess who's going to have a face full of zits tomorrow? Sigh...

Anonymous said...

my roasted pumpkin seeds turned out great! how about yours?

Erin Riley said...

robyn's pumpkin was a frog - and she did another pumpkin that was even more impressive the next day - check out her blog to see a photo.

i'm not sure what seasoning michael put on our pumpkin seeds, but they were great - they tasted like popcorn. i want to make pumpkin soup (with a new pumpkin) and garnish it with roasted pumpkin seeds. it's a tentative plan, if you will.

Anonymous said...

you didn't mention how i totally cheated with the frog carving and used a stencil....