Friday, November 05, 2010

Relish

In August, Jamie Cummins opened a restaurant in Victoria: Relish Food + Coffee. Yes, he's a friend, but you guys. It's amazing. It has homemade everything. Biscuits. Muffins. Cookies. Bread. Bacon. Sausage. Gnocchi. Yesterday I had the homemade pasta with tomato sauce, a generous portion of fresh mozza and a ton of sauteed greens. It was simple and perfect.

Even though it's not located near my office, I often hustle over there on my bike to have lunch with friends (more often than not I'm meeting my buddy Susan from my old place of work). The cauliflower soup pictured here was one of Susan's meal choices shortly after Relish first opened, and it's the only decent photo that I have. If you want to see some additonal photos and read some additional gushing words, check out this review in Eat Magazine.

I wish Relish was open on weekends, so I could go more often, but I also don't want Jamie to burn out. Opening a restaurant looks like a lot of work, yo.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I wish it was open on weekends too so I could eat there. Sad face.