Thursday, September 02, 2010

Government House

Last week I brought my new wool blanket, three new books and my camera to Government House for a little quiet time. I love that we live two blocks from this beautiful place.

These are the new books that I bought from Munro's: A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table by Molly Wizenberg (on sale!); A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore; In the Garden of the North American Martyrs by Tobias Wolff. Those last two authors were recommended by David Sedaris during his book tour last summer. Remember when I saw him?

3 comments:

Penny and Penelope said...

this is summer

brie said...

So great!

Erin Coulter said...

Love it.

Do you like thrillers? "When Will There Be Good News" was the best book I read last year. Funny and suspenseful and sweet all at the same time. Author is Kate Atkinson.